..and just like that the first semester breezes through.
So what did I learn? Looking back I find that most of my learning was crammed into just a few important days.
- Everything is design; learn from good design, learn from bad design.
- Being a student of IID, You should learn to visually communicate your ideas, so that your design speaks and not you.
- Tune your visual sense.
- Read a lot to justify your choices.
- Realize the importance of colour and type.
- If you choose a medium, do things that justify the medium.
- Dont fall in love with your first iteration.
- Sketch, sketch and then sketch some more.
- Think in Context and use a scale when designing products.
- Get out of your mindset.
These are the most important things I learnt this semester and most of which was crammed into the 4 days of Jury. I am hoping to make the most of this one month holidays so that i can prepare myself for the next semester.. just noting down learning’s is not good enough.